How to Set Up Profiles on a Macintosh to Allow for
Additional Email Addresses with Netscape
The first, and most important, step is to either fill out the online
form (click here) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and request that your additional
email accounts be created (Please include your name, the accounts you want created, and
the password for each account). Without this step you will not receive email.
1. Double click on the hard drive.
2. Double click on Folder named "Netscape Communicator".
3. Double click on the folder named "User Profile Manager".
- Allow the User Profile Manager to open, then click on the next button.
- Read information about user profile manager, then click next.
- Enter name for profile (for example: "Joe Smith") and email address
- Click next to use the persons name you just entered as the profile name.
- Click next to use the default system folder for mail.
- Click done to create the profile.
Netscape will now automatically open with the profile that you just created. You will
then have to configure the setting for the browser and the mail to work. To do this just
follow the simple steps below:
- First change the home page. Select edit from the menu, then preferences, then navigator
and type in the space titled "Home page Location" http://www.safe-t.net
- Next click on the arrow beside " Mail & Groups " and from the drop down
menu select the "identity " tab and enter the following in the "Reply to
- Next click "servers" from the drop down menu for Mail & Groups and enter
the following information:
Mail Server User Name: (for example) joe
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) Server mail.safe-t.net
Incoming Mail Server mail.saafe-t.net
Then click on the "More Options" button in the lower right hand corner to
tell Netscape to save your password for this email account and to set up how often you
want to have Netscape automatically check for mail and also what sound to play to let you
know that there is new mail. (To select these options, simply put the mouse cursor over
the box and click to select it.) You will be automatically asked to enter your password
for this email account the first time you check for mail.
- Next click on " Groups server " from the drop down menu for Mail & Groups
and enter for "Discussion groups (news) server
- You are now done configuring the browser and email program, hit the "OK"
button to exit the preferences, click on "File" and then select "Quit"
to exit Netscape.
If you need to create additional profiles simply follow the instruction again. If you
do not need to set up any additional profiles and you are finished, simply close out all
of the folders to get back to your desktop.
I will now cover what steps you need to take to get online
To get online, click on the telephone and select "open PPP connection".
- The modem should dial automatically. After you have established a connection, click on
the phone again and select "Netscape Communicator". Netscape will then ask you
which profile you wish to use. Select the one you wish to use and Netscape will
automatically open and you are ready to surf the internet.
To check for email.
- Either hit the apple key (next to the spacebar and the number 2 key (either one), or
click on the Netscape symbol and highlight messenger. Either way the email program will
open automatically. To check your mail, simply click on the "Get Msg" key.
When you are finished surfing and or checking your email and wish to stop, you
must check on file, then quit. Then click on the phone and select "close PPP